Withdrawing from a Course

After the Drop/Add period has ended, you have until the midpoint of your class to withdraw. You may only add second half-semester courses to your schedule up until the day after the class starts.

By submitting a course withdrawal, you indicate that you have read and understand the course withdrawal policy in the undergraduate academic catalog. You will be removed from your registered course(s) and a grade of “W” will be assigned on your official academic transcript. This grade is not factored into your GPA.

Please note that if this course withdrawal changes your enrollment status, it may impact your eligibility for need-based financial aidveterans’ benefits, or athletics compliance. If you have questions about how a change in enrollment status will affect your eligibility for financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Planning at finaid@elon.edu or 336-278-7640. Athletes should consult Cayce Crenshaw at ccrenshaw2@elon.edu or 336-278-6710.

You can submit your course withdrawal through Student Planning by clicking the “Drop” button underneath the course on your Schedule.