Check out what Kickbox students will be working on this spring. From cooking tools and LEDs to earings and handmade paper – learn a little more about the 2023 Kickbox projects.
What is Elon Kickbox?
Elon Kickbox is (literally) a box, stuffed with guidance, resources and a $300 gift card to help you make your idea a reality.
How do I get a Kickbox?
1. Think of an idea
- It could be something that solves a problem in the world, on campus, or in your room. It could be a rough prototype or a nearly-finished product. Maybe you want to explore an idea without knowing exactly what it will become. All of those are OK.
- Need inspiration? Look at what past Elon Kickboxers have made: From custom board games and a homemade arcade to musical instruments and wireless speakers, see what Elon students made with a Kickbox last year, 2021, 2020, and more. You can also take a look at one of the United Nation’s Global Problems.
2. Find a sponsor
- Identify a faculty or staff member who supports your idea and is willing to be your Kickbox sponsor. You’ll need to meet with your sponsor before the application deadline and throughout the spring. More details about Sponsor expectations are on the Sponsor FAQs. If you need help identifying a sponsor, contact email@example.com.
3. Apply online
- Applications are closed for Elon Kickbox 2023.
Where can I learn more about Kickbox?
There are several ways you can learn more and ask your questions about Kickbox:
- Check out the Student FAQs and the Sponsor FAQs.
- See what students made with Kickbox 2022, Kickbox 2021, and more.
- Sign up for the #MakeElon newsletter to stay informed about Kickbox.
- Email the Maker Hub with questions.