Tools & Equipment
The Maker Hub features a variety of equipment and tools for prototyping and fabrication projects. Select an icon below to learn more about each device, where it’s located and examples of what you can make.
Learn to use the tools with a Tool Training
Want to learn to use the tools in the Maker Hub? Awesome!
- First, complete the online training for the tool on Moodle. Remember, you must complete the online training before attending a Practice Project time for most tools (noted below).
- Second, sign up for a time to visit the Hub and make your first project using the tool with help from a Consultant.
- Laser Engraver: Basic Training & Safety
- Glowforge Laser Engraver: Basic Training & Safety
- Saws: Basic Training & Safety
- CNC Router: Basic Training & Safety (in-person only, 2-parts)
- 3D Printing: Getting Started (online only)
- Sewing Machine: Getting Started
- Embroidery Machine: Getting Started (in-person only)
- Electronics: Getting Started
We’ve created an inventory of materials available to you for free. The inventory includes a picture of how it’s used, the available varieties, where you can find it in each location, and if we’re stocked or out-of-stock.
NOTE: The inventory is only available to users with an active Elon username and password. This inventory is in beta and does not yet represent everything available in the Maker Hub. We’ll be adding to it all semester. We’d love to know what you think – email us at email@example.com and let us know what you think.