A microcomputer is a mini-computer. Connect it to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and it’s capable of doing most things you’d expect from a modern computer. Pin-outs (places to solder other electronics) provide connection points for hardware and sensors, that expand the abilities of the computer. Its small size (and cheap price) means you can put a computer in places you wouldn’t normally think.
Microcomputers are located in Maker Hub – Downtown.
The Maker Hub has Raspberry Pi 3 microcomputers. As of Fall 2022, we have 1 Pi in stock for use inside the Maker Hub.
Tutorials and resources
- Quick start guide from RaspberryPi.org
- Resources to learn, make and teach Raspberry Pi from RaspberryPi.org
- Pi projects and tutorials from Raspiprojects.com
- Adventures in Raspberry Pi (book in Maker Hub Library)
- Raspberry Pi projects from Instructables.com
- Raspberry Pi projects on Adafruit.com
- Raspberry Pi projects from Hackaday.com