Power and hand saws to make angled, straight, and curved cuts of wood and plastic and a drill press to make holes in wood, plastic, and metal.
|Miter Saw||Jig Saw
Maker Hub – Downtown
You must complete a Basic Training and Safety training before you can use any of the power saws – see below for details. After completing the training, you can use the saws during regular operating hours. It is first-come, first-serve.
Saws training consists of two parts:
- Online content that you can complete at your own pace.
- A practice project that you need to complete in the Maker Hub.
Visit the Maker Hub’s Moodle page for information and to get started (click on the “Enroll me” button if you see it).
The Saws are located in the Safety Zone so please review the Safety Zone rules on our policies webpage.
Below are short descriptions and links to the operating manuals for each tool. Need a refresher? Go back to the online saws training and review the specific details for each tool.
- Use to create curved cuts in wood
- Manual for Rikon 10-326 bandsaw
- Specs of the Rikon 10-326
- 27 Unique Woodworking Projects Using A Bandsaw
- Use to create straight and beveled cuts in large pieces of wood and acrylic
- Manual for Festool TS55 track saw
- Specs of the Festool Track saw TS 55
- Use to create straight and beveled cuts of small pieces of wood and acrylic
- Manual for Festool KAPEX Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Specs of Festool KAPEX Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Use to create curved cuts in wood and acrylic
- Manual for Ryobi Orbital Jig Saw
- Used to make holes in wood, plastic, and metal
- Manual for Nova Voyager 18″ DVR
We also have a variety of handsaws for wood, plastic, and metal.