Diverse Student Populations
Explore the links below to learn about opportunities for students with disabilities, students of color, LGBT students and international students.
Students with Disabilities
Job Posting Web sites
- eSight – The cross-disability online community addressing disability employment issues. Job search and networking forums are a part of this website.
- The National Business and Disability Council – A resource for employers seeking to integrate people with disabilities into the workplace and companies seeking to reach them in the consumer marketplace. Job post board and other resources available.
- Federal Jobs Net – Information and employment opportunities within the federal government for people with disabilities.
Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
- Booz Allen Hamilton – Supports college students with disabilities through paid summer internships and leadership development opportunities
- EntryPoint! – Offering outstanding internship opportunities for students with disabilities in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of business.
- Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation – AAPD Congressional Internship Program - Provide an opportunity for students with disabilities to work on Capitol Hill for eight (8) weeks and acquire valuable work experience that will enrich their academic studies. As congressional interns, participants gain insight into congressional office operations, public policy development, and constituents’ roles in the legislative and political processes.
- The Washington Center – The Washington Center is working to help students develop leadership skills and gain valuable work experience in government, business and the non-profit sector in Washington, DC. The Washington Center Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is funded by the AT&T Foundation and HSC Foundation. These awards provide housing assistance in varying amounts (up to a full housing scholarship) to competitively selected students who self-identify as having a disability, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Priority consideration is given to undergraduate students; however, Postgraduate Program applicants may be considered.
- Workforce Recruitment Program - A resource for federal agencies and private businesses nationwide to identify qualified temporary and permanent employees from a variety of fields.
Students of Color
- Bilingual Diversity.com - Job Board connecting employers with Diverse Career seekers including people of Color, Women, people of with disabilities and diversity in general
- Diversity, Inc – Offering career & employment resources along with job post board
- IMDiversity – Search jobs, post resumes, and get career advice
- Black Career Women – Created to support black women in the workforce, and offers assistance with job search and other career issues
- Urban National League – Site with information and resources regarding job training, civic engagement and leadership
- HBCU Career Center – Job listing and resources specifically for African American students and graduates, from companies and organizations that recruit HBCU talent.
- AsiaMedia – Resource to seek out Asian-friendly organizations and jobs
- LatPro.com – Job opportunities, scholarships, fellowships, and internships as well as general information concerning Hispanic organizations.
- iHispano.com – Job listings by employers actively seeking Latino/Hispanic candidates. A forum to post resumes as well.
Provides students of diversity with access to scholarship opportunities, internship opportunities, a resource library, and various programming options such as mentoring and leadership.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Students
Career Planning & Other Resources
Job Posting & Networking Websites
Internship Leads & Opportunities
Company and Employer Research & Domestic Partner Benefits
- Tgender.net – a list of Fortune 500 Companies that have formally stated they will not discriminate against transgendered or gender variant people
LGBT Professional Associations
- Lambda Legal - National LGBT civil rights organization; web site includes information about workplace discrimination cases.
- JobWeb – Resumes and Interviewing in the US and Abroad