Temporary Student Employment
Non-Exempt staff members wishing to attend university events during the work day may request temporary student coverage during these times through the PACE Temporary Student Worker Pool. Please read the following instructions to request coverage.
- Requests may be made only for university-sponsored events that occur during the hours of 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday-Friday.
- Requests are to be made for individual events only. The program is not designed to honor requests for on-going coverage, such as College Coffee every Tuesday.
- Coverage for events such as planned trainings etc., should be made at least 3 business days prior to the event.
- Urgent Coverage – We will do our best to provide coverage for requests made with less than 3 days’ notice, but please note: we do not have students “on call” to work. When a request is made for coverage, an email is sent out to students in the pool with the details of the assignment. Students who are able to fill the need respond as available. Our ability to meet all requests is entirely contingent upon student response time and availability.
- Staff members requesting coverage will complete the Student Temporary Request form found below, detailing dates, times and duties of the student worker. Completed forms will then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , where they will be processed upon receipt. As soon as a student is found to fill the request, an email will be sent to the staff person confirming placement.
- Students working from this pool will be paid from a designated PACE budget line and all work agreements will be associated with that account and handled through the SPDC.
- All time approval will be handled in the SPDC. Staff members who utilize the program will be asked to submit a time usage report through the same email account within 48 hours, which will be used to verify student time sheets.
- During times of greatest demand, if we are unable to fulfill all requests, we reserve the right to make placement decisions based on cumulative usage by offices across campus. Please keep in mind that students may also wish to attend many of these campus-wide events, thereby making it more difficult to find substitute workers. We will, however, do our best to fill all requests.