Student employees work in almost every department of the University. Student Employment offers undergraduate degree-seeking students an opportunity to gain valuable work experience. The Elon Job Network (EJN) is an online database where departments post on-campus and federal work-study jobs. Use your Elon username and password to search for openings.
To make an appointment select “Make Appointment” on the left pane once logged into Elon Job Network.
- Supervisor Guide to On-Campus Employment
- Access the Elon Job Network
- Supervisor Handbook
- Student Employment FAQs – Supervisor
Training and Development
Training and Development sessions are offered for student employees but must be requested by their supervisors.
- New Hire Orientation sessions are offered to students every Wednesday from 9 – 10am in the SPDC (Moseley 140). Please contact Nancy Carpenter to register your student employees.
- Other student employee Training and Development sessions are offered by Student Employment at any time during the semester. These sessions include University Expectations, Professionalism, and Networking in the Workplace (setting expectations, telephone etiquette, written etiquette, and communication), It’s All in the Translation (translating student employment experience for the post-graduate or internship resume), The Game of Social Life Through the Lens of Student Employment (bias, understanding, and inclusion), Target: insert department job (resume writing workshop for applicants during the recruitment season)
- Supervisors can request sessions here. Please submit your request at least two weeks prior to the desired training session date.