SPDC Summer Administrative Graduate Internship
Recruitment of our summer intern begins in January and continues until the position is filled. The position will be posted on the Elon University Employment Site (staff positions).
Since 2012, Elon’s Student Professional Development Center has had the pleasure of hosting a summer intern, who spends nine weeks working on a variety of time-sensitive projects that are central to the day-to-day operations and long-term goals of the SPDC. As there are no classes held during the summer at Elon, this is a non-student facing role.
This opportunity is open to graduate students who have completed their first year of a master’s program and wish to gain administrative experience in career services. This internship is paid.
Past projects include:
- Collaborating with campus faculty and staff to compile and analyze statistical data about recent graduates’ career decisions as reported in the First Destination Survey
- Utilizing Microsoft Office products, LinkedIn, and other tools to research and update corporate and employer profiles for the Elon Job Network
- Managing SPDC’s social media accounts and overseeing social media presence and reach using management software, especially Hootsuite
- Conducting analysis of current website presence and design, and making necessary updates to written and visual content, web page layout, and design aspects
The successful candidate will have:
Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel; ability to work independently on multiple time-sensitive projects at once, for long- and short-term goals; effective research skills; a willingness to seek out new projects and propose new concepts and office procedures with confidence; excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; basic knowledge of social media etiquette and social media management; a sincere desire to learn about career services administration; and a strong sense of independence, adventure, and self-motivation.
Please contact Beth Mannella, Associate Director of Corporate and Employer Relations, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Summer Administrative Graduate Interns:
- Jenna Clancy – Summer 2017
- Vinny Justiniano – Summer 2016
- Julie Cline – Summer 2015
- Annie Cutler – Summer 2014
- Whitney Haywood – Summer 2014
- Chris Klein – Summer 2013
- Melissa Cole – Summer 2012