The fellowship positions are posted on the Elon University Employment Site (staff positions) in February. The position will close early March and selections are made by end of April.
The Career Advising Fellowship program is a full-time, 10-month position available to recent graduates of master’s programs such as higher education or counseling. Each fellow is paid $1,500/ per month and is provided with free on-campus apartment accommodations as well as a campus meal plan. Also, Fellows are granted funds for professional development and opportunities for personal and professional growth such as assessment training, local conferences, and if selected, the opportunity to participate in service learning programs such as Elon’s domestic and international alternative break trips. The fellowship begins the first week in August (the first month is dedicated solely to training) and concludes in May.
Please note: health insurance is not provided by Elon University for the fellowship.
We are unable to accommodate pets.
The individuals selected for these fellowship positions will assist in all aspects of the SPDC’s operation, including, but not limited to:
- Supporting the career advising staff with student professional development programming, events, advising, and employer relations.
- Co-teaching Elon’s innovative one-hour credit Transition Strategies course that focuses on preparing students for their professional life after college.
- Researching and gathering resources for the latest information on professional development, career readiness, job searching, and domestic and international opportunities.
Review the Elon Careers Blog (Categories > Career Fellows) to learn more about the program and experiences of current and past fellows.
Please direct inquiries about the Fellowship Program to Danielle Golinski, Assistant Director of Career Services and supervisor for the Career Advising Fellows.
Past Career Advising Fellows
- Ricky Patterson – 2018-2019
- Taylor Brock – 2018-2019
- Rachel Brown – 2017-2018
- Rachael Rysz – 2017-2018
- Leo Hall – 2016/2017
- Katie Greene – 2016/2017
- Beth Mannella – 2015/2016
- Latisha Taylor – 2015/2016
- Kristen Aquilino – 2014/2015 & 2015/2016
- Danielle Golinski – 2014/2015
- Amber McCraw – 2014/2015
- Rayna Anderson – 2013/2014
- Danielle Garrison – 2013/2014
- Mikki Hornstein – 2012/2013
- Katie Smith – 2012/2013
- Ashley Pinney – 2011/2012
- Marianne Gissane – 2011/2012