Academic Advising for Transfer Students
We are here to assist transfer students as they transition to Elon University. We help you develop a course schedule, register you for your first semester of classes, and direct you to resources you might need. A professional staff member in the Advising Center will serve as your academic advisor until you are assigned an academic advisor in your major after arriving on campus.
Preparing for course registration
Fall semester registration dates – late May until the beginning of fall term
Spring semester registration dates – early December to the beginning of spring term
Transfer students are eligible to preregister for first-semester courses when all of the following conditions are met:
- Registration for current students has ended.
- You have been officially admitted or readmitted to Elon University.
- Your enrollment deposit has been paid and processed.
Once the above conditions are met, look for email information from Elon’s Academic Support & Advising Center.
- Complete and submit the Transfer Student Advising Survey.
- The Academic Support Center will email you personalized advising information and recommended courses based on your transfer credits and academic interests. This will help you prepare for course selection for your first semester at Elon University.
- After completing steps 1 and 2, you will be able to schedule a registration advising meeting in order to create your class schedule. Call the Academic Support & Advising Center at 336-278-6500. We are open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Reminder: You must have all official transcripts of your college work, including current coursework, sent to Elon’s Office of Admissions: Campus Box 2700, Elon, NC 27244. Failure to do so will interfere with appropriate course selection.
World language placement exam: Instructions for taking the world language placement exam will be sent to transfer students. Contact the Academic Support & Advising Center if you need further information.