The Deloitte Case Competition gives Elon students an inside look into the world of consulting. Students (aka “The Team”) act as a consulting team responsible for helping a client reach its goals. The competition will allow students to experience simulated project preparation, solution creation and client presentation while using their critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
Deloitte offered a Information Session in Elon's Student Professional Development Center on Friday, February 8th. You can listen to a recording of the session here. It may take a minute for the buffering to complete before playback begins.
The case competition day is scheduled for Friday, April 12, 2013. The timeline is as follows:
1. Team Sign up – December 5, 2012 - February 22, 2013
2. Information Session – February 7, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Lindner Hall Room 102/Web-conference
3. Team Brief and Client Reveal – February 25, 2013
4. Case Distribution – March 1, 2013 with information packets sent to all teams
5. Team Executive Summary Due – No Later than March 29, 2013
6. Q&A with Deloitte Coach – Available until April 11, 2013
7. Solution Collection – April 11, 2013
8. Solution Presentation – Day of Competition, April 12, 2013
Each Team must meet the following criteria:
• Consists of 3-5 members
• All students on a single team cannot come from the same school; this will showcase the diversity of talents of students from across campus.
• Must be able to coordinate and follow The Team schedule
• Meet all sign-up and other important deadlines (both from The Team as well as the competition)
• Have an interest in solving organizational and business problems
*Note: There are no restrictions on a participant’s major; students from all majors are invited to participate. An example team could include 2 students from the Love School of Business, 1 student from the School of Communications and 1 student from the School of Education.
The competition will be a full day event which allows students to experience a simulated project engagement as part of a consulting team. In making this competition both dynamic and interactive, we hope to achieve a realistic representation of a “Day in the Life of a Consulting Project Team.”
On solution presentation day, students will be required to prepare for a presentation lasting 20 minutes and attend other associated competition events. We estimate that preparation and time commitments will be around 20 hours per student for team activities and preparation.
Below is a tentative schedule for case competition day (5 hours):
|Introduction||11:30-11:50 a.m.||Introductions and welcome.|
|Final Q&A||11:50 a.m.-12:05 p.m.||Take this time to clarify any final questions.|
|Teams Prepare for Presentations||12:45-1:00 p.m.||Teams prepare for presentations to clients.|
|Presentation||1:00-4:30 p.m.||15 minute presentations, 5 minutes for Q&A (10 group capacity).|
|Deliberation||4:30-4:45 p.m.||Presentation evaluation.|
|Announcement of Winners||4:45-5:00 p.m.||Awards are handed out to the case competition winners.|
|Closing Comments/Informal Networking||5:00-6:00 p.m.||Closing comments on the case competition and informal networking with faculty and students.|
Questions? Please contact ElonAlumniComm@Deloitte.com.
For information about Deloitte, click here.