Imagining the Internet has been invited by the Internet Society to document or conduct interviews at a number of events it hosts around the world. This page includes links to such work at INET, IETF and Internet Hall of Fame activities.
- Internet Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2019
- Internet Society 25th Anniversary and 2017 Hall of Fame Induction
- Survey of IETF 92 attendees at the Internet Engineering Task Force meeting in Dallas, 2015
- Expert Interviews recorded at the 2014 Hall of Fame and International IT Fest
- Expert Interviews recorded at the 87th IETF and 2013 Hall of Fame
- Events of the Internet Society’s 20th Anniversary Global INET
The Internet Society sponsors a number of events globally each year, including regional INET conferences directed at discussion of key issues, Internet development workshops and capacity-building events. It also sponsors occasional, special Global INET conferences and an annual Internet Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.
The Internet Engineering Task Force meets several times annually in locations all over the world. This open-participation organization’s mission is to make the Internet work better by producing high quality, relevant technical documents that influence the way people design, use, and manage the Internet. While most participants in the IETF are engineers with knowledge of networking protocols and software, most them also work on or are knowledgeable about the hardware of Internet architecture. IETF meetings, held three times a year, are week-long gatherings that allow key working groups to accomplish their tasks and mix with other working groups across disciplines. You can find links to the Internet Society’s reports from past IETF meetings by clicking here.