Leadership Experiential Learning Requirement (ELR)
The Experiential Learning Requirement (ELR) is a graduation requirement for all Elon University students. The ELR expands upon the Five Elon Experiences (leadership development, study abroad, internships, undergraduate research, and service-learning) by providing a structure to facilitate and encourage students to practice close observation of the world around them and reflect insightfully about those observations. Students may complete this by fulfilling two units of experiential learning. See the ELR Core Curriculum website for more information.
The Leadership ELR requires approximately one semester to complete. Students have several options of how to complete the Leadership ELR.
1. Complete the Leadership Education and Development (LEAD) Program
- You must complete all three tiers prior to graduation. See the LEAD website for more information.
2.Complete the Leadership Development Workbook
- Whether you want to complete the ELR for a formal organizational leadership role or through a project to create positive change, the workbook will enhance your experience by providing you with the opportunity to learn and reflect regarding your leadership development. Each student is required to find an advisor/mentor to help guide their ELR experience.
- To learn more and to get started on the workbook, please attend one of the following meetings:
- February 10, 2015 at 10:00am in the Center for Leadership
February 13, 2015 at 3:00pm in the Center for Leadership
- If neither of those time work for you, please contact the Center for Leadership to set up an individual meeting.
- Please keep in mind that you should start the workbook at the beginning of your leadership role or project. Additionally, you must accumulate 40 hours during the duration of the project or leadership experience.
3. Various one credit COE courses (see course description for eligibility)
- Spring 2015 courses include:
If you have any additional questions about the Leadership ELR, please visit the Center for Leadership.