Writing Center Faculty Resources
The Center for Writing Excellence offers many resources to faculty and teaching staff, including:
- Writing Pedagogy & Writing-Related Scholarship Grants
- Writing Boot Camps
- Writing Groups
- Faculty Development Workshops (announced each term)
- Summer Writing Institute (advertised at near the end of spring term, this 3 ½ day institute reviews all the components of designing effective writing assignments and assessments)
- Individual Consultations
- contact the Director of Writing Across the University, Dr. Paula Rosinski email@example.com or (336) 278-5842
Faculty are also invited to visit the Writing Center and work with a trained undergraduate consultant on their own professional or personal writing. In addition, the Writing Center offers the following services in support of faculty/staff who assign and teach writing in their courses:
- One-to-one sessions of up to 45 minutes with a trained undergraduate consultant. Students can make appointments through our online scheduling software to work on any type of writing assignment at any stage of the process.
Student Reports: Faculty will receive a Report when one of their students visits the Writing Center (with student approval; students may ask that this Report not be sent). These Reports are valuable because they inform faculty when a student has taken the time to visit the WC as well as the writing issues/features that the student discussed with a consultant.
- A Writing Center Statement to include in your course syllabi.
- An "Introduction to the Writing Center" presentation, describing the Writing Center consulting philosophy, resources, and services. Presentations are given by WC consultants. You may request an "Introduction" at any point in the term (at the start of the semester, when beginning a new writing project, when encouraging students to revise, etc.). Please click on this link to request a Writing Center Introduction Class Visit.
- Online Writing Resources, including documentation handouts.
- Anonymous Writing Assignment Feedback - Get feedback on your writing assignment from trained consultants.
Please contact Dr. Julia Bleakney, Director of the Writing Center, if you have questions about the Writing Center resources.