The business dual degree program is carefully integrated to teach students general knowledge and language skills, basic business understanding and how to succeed in a foreign business environment.
Elon Core Curriculum
The Elon Core Curriculum consists of six interrelated parts: First-Year Foundations, Experiential Learning Requirement, World Languages, Studies in the Arts and Sciences, Advanced Studies and Integrative Capstone.
Love School of Business Core Curriculum
The Love School of Business Core Curriculum provides a business foundation and includes studies in accounting, economics, management, marketing and finance, which build upon each other as a student moves through the core curriculum.
- Elon offers second language courses each semester through the Department of World Languages and Cultures.
- Students will aim for advanced language proficiency as rapidly as possible. For those with no prior experience in their target second language, we will help tailor a program of study that includes summer language coursework (abroad, online or in the United States) as well as coursework on campus. In this way, students are engaged in year-round language acquisition. We work closely with our colleagues in World Languages and Cultures to ensure appropriate language proficiency prior to departure.
- Most students will also spend part or all of the summer before junior year in the target country.
- Elon has language acquisition software available through Belk Library.
- We have regular assessment checkpoints for language acquisition using an internationally recognized standard, near fall and spring breaks, beginning in the second semester of the first year.
To remain in the program, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA unless otherwise noted.