Thank you to all the student makers, Kickbox participants, faculty, and staff who helped make the Maker Takeover our biggest event of the year. Special thanks to the Maker Hub staff for helping make the event happen!
- Read a recap of the event on eNet.
- Read a preview of the event on the Pendulum.
- Watch a segment of the event from ELN Morning.
Maker Takeover 2019
Wednesday, May 1
4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m
The third annual Maker Takeover event offers the Elon community an opportunity to explore the inventive ideas-turned-prototypes of students and faculty.
The biggest show-and-tell of the year
- Over 40 student projects, including an RC drone, a prosthetic hand, a smart mirror, embroidered clothing, custom-made longboards, a wearable device for physical therapy patients, a hologram music visualizer, hand-made hair scrunchies, a skirt with laser cut scales, an infinity mirror and more projects from Elon Kickbox.
- Several Elon faculty showing projects they made for their courses or research.
- The full list of projects and activities are on the Program (PDF).
- Explore virtual worlds with hands-on VR
- Participate in a live cooking demo from Elon’s pastry chef Adam Neill
- Help build something out of cardboard that’ll hang in the Maker Hub
- Watch a laser slice through materials at a laser engraver demo
- Talk with a robot roaming around Moseley Center
- Free cupcakes
- Free magnets made in the Maker Hub
- And, register to win an Elon keychain made from a fallen Elon oak tree!