While Elon University cannot and does not cover students’ lost, stolen or damaged property; we certainly recognize your need for ensuring the safety of your property. The university does not recommend or endorse any individual insurance company, but we strongly urge all families to contact their insurance agents, check their homeowner’s policies and to consider purchasing such renter’s insurance.

Examples of companies that provide Renter’s Insurance include:

Elon University is a safe and caring environment, but, like your home, it still requires forethought about protecting personal belongings. We encourage you to talk to your insurance agent and consider some form of renter’s insurance.

Feel free to let residence life know if you have further questions or if we can help in the future.