The E-Net Feed Advanced Element allows you to embed a news or event feed that automatically pulls articles from E-Net based off the department(s) that are assigned within E-Net. It can be used to display lists of both articles and events, or only articles (“recent news”) or only events (“upcoming events”).
Example E-Net Feeds
Both examples below show feeds for actual E-Net articles that have been assigned to the Love School of Business department. The feed on the left is displaying only news articles, while the feed on the right is only showing articles with a calendar item attached.
Recent LSB News
Adding an E-Net Feed
Place your cursor on an empty line in the Rich Text Editor body:
Click the Add Element button located above the Rich Text Editor buttons:
Click the E-Net Feed icon in the Advanced Elements selection tool:
At a minimum, enter an E-Net department ID in the department ID field:
Select any other options (detailed below) to customize your E-Net Feed. When you’re done editing your feed, click the green Update Element button.
After adding the element, you will see an E-Net feed placeholder image display in the position where the feed will be placed.
Detailed E-Net Feed Options
- Comma-separated list of E-Net department IDs: A list of E-Net department ID’s that you want to include in the feed. These ID’s can be located inside E-Net when creating or editing an article.
- Maximum number of stories per page: The number of articles that display by default in the feed.
- Only show articles from the past ## days: Entering a number here will restrict the number of days in the past to pull articles from. For example, entering “30” will only display articles from the past 30 days.
- Comma-separated Article IDs to sticky at top: Enter an E-Net article ID here to force the article to the top of the feed.
- Maximum number of pagination pages: The number of pagination page numbers that display in the pagination list.
- Filter by calendar items after this date: Filter articles with calendar items after the specified date. (Date format: mm/dd/yyyy)
- Filter by calendar items before this date: Filter articles with calendar items before the specified date. (Date format: mm/dd/yyyy)
- Filter by articles published after this date: Filter articles published after the specified date. (Date format: mm/dd/yyyy)
- Filter by articles published before this date: Filter articles published before the specified date. (Date format: mm/dd/yyyy)
- Show Summary: Display the article summary for all articles in the feed.
- Show thumbnail image: Display the article thumbnail image for all articles in the feed. If an article does not have a thumbnail image, a generic “Elon” thumbnail will display.
- Only show articles with calendar items: Selecting this option will only show articles that have a calendar item attached. This is useful for displaying an “Upcoming Events” feed.
- Remove articles with calendar items: Selecting this option will remove all articles that have a calendar item attached. This is useful for display a “Recent News” feed, and is typically used in conjunction with an “Upcoming Events” feed.
- Show date for calendar items: Selecting this option will display the date(s) of the calendar item for an article where the thumbnail image normally displays.
- Show time for calendar items: Selecting this option will display the time(s) of the calendar item for an article where the thumbnail image normally displays.
- Show date published after headline: Show the published date for the article.
- Show search bar: Shows a search bar that will allow the visitor to search your full feed.
- Show pagination: Shows a pagination bar that will allow the visitor to click on a page number to display older E-Net articles.
Editing an Existing E-Net Feed
To edit an existing E-Net feed, simply double click on the placeholder for the feed you want to edit. The feed element options will display, and update the settings as necessary. When you’re finished editing, click the green Update Element button to save your changes.