The YouTube Playlist Advanced Element allows you to embed a YouTube playlist directly into your page. Using this element the playlist will be fully responsive and optimized for mobile viewing.
Example YouTube Playlist
Adding a YouTube Playlist
Place your cursor on an empty line in the Rich Text Editor body.
Click the Add Element button located above the Rich Text Editor buttons:
Click the YouTube Playlist icon in the Advanced Elements selection tool.
You will now be presented with several options for embedding a YouTube playlist. At a minimum, enter the number of videos in the playlist and the playlist ID in their corresponding fields.
Select any other options (detailed below) to customize your YouTube playlist embed. When you’re done editing your list, click the green Update Element button.
After adding the element, you will see a YouTube playlist placeholder image display in the position where the list will be placed.
Detailed YouTube Playlist Options
- Number of videos: The total number of videos in the playlist.
- Theme: The color of the playlist background (light/dark).
- Playlist ID: The ID of the playlist from YouTube.
- First Video Option: Selecting this option will open the first video by default.
- Show Video Summary: Selecting this option will display the video summary/description below the title in the playlist.
- Horizontal Layout: Selecting this option will place the video list to the right of the video, as seen in the example above. Unselect will display the video list below the video.
- Truncate to 5 videos on mobile: Selecting this option will only display the top five videos on mobile devices. (If the playlist contains a lot of videos, the playlist will be difficult to navigate on smaller screens.)
Editing an Existing YouTube Playlist
To edit an existing YouTube Playlist embed, simply double click on the placeholder for the playlist you want to edit. The playlist element options will display, and update the settings as necessary. When you’re finished editing, click the green Update Element button to save your changes.