This section was created to meet the needs of Elon students who wish to return to complete their undergraduate degrees. Whether you have been out on medical, academic or personal leave, we want you back with us! Even if you have taken just one semester off, you must apply for readmission before you can register for classes and return to campus.
We hope you will find this information helpful as you navigate the readmission process. Should you have questions about taking steps toward readmission, please contact Bethany Ely, Assistant Director of Admissions.
It is important that you adhere to the above deadlines to ensure that there is adequate time to process your application for readmission, to update your financial aid information, apply for housing, and complete course registration. Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, and the process (which is outlined below) usually takes about one month to complete.
1. Print and complete the PDF version of the Application for Readmission. Answer all questions and write requested explanations. Unless you were out on medical leave, a $25 application fee is required. If your computer is not equipped with the Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here. Mail the completed application and application fee to:
*If you have taken courses at another college or university since you withdrew from Elon, you must also submit:
**If you are on medical leave, you will be required to have your service provider complete the following form, which outlines an updated assessment, diagnostic/treatment information, statement of stability to return, and a continuity of care plan:
Students must forward the completed form to the Office of Student Life prior to a decision being made about readmission. Please contact Dr. Jana Lynn Patterson, Associate Vice President for Student Life, with any questions regarding the medical leave paperwork.
2. Once you receive e-mail notification confirming the submission of your application, monitor the status of your readmission through OnTrack for Applicants: ontrack.elon.edu. After logging in, select “My Documents” to see what information is missing. If you have taken coursework at another institution, your application will not be processed until we receive Dean's Evaluation Forms from each institution.
3. After we receive all required documents, your application for readmission must be approved by the following offices:
OnTrack will display which office(s) have/have not approved your readmission. It is your responsibility to contact the office(s) that have not granted you approval to see what information they need. The Office of Admissions cannot provide this information.
4. Once your application has been approved by all four offices, you will receive an e-mail confirming your readmission to Elon. At this time, you will need to submit an enrollment deposit to secure your spot in the class ($500 for residents or $300 for commuter students). This notifies departments such as Academic Support, Student Life, and Residence Life to prepare for your return.
5. Once you have been readmitted and have paid your deposit, you may contact Academic Support to discuss course registration. If you plan to live on campus, you may contact Residence Life to begin the housing application process. On campus housing is not guaranteed for readmitted students.