Getting to know Elon
Attending an information session with an admissions counselor and taking a tour led by one of our student guides are essential when you visit campus. We also offer other opportunities for you to get to know Elon so you can be sure it’s the right for you.
Attend a Class
Why visit an Elon class? This is an excellent opportunity to experience what makes Elon distinctive: our student-centered environment for engaged, experiential learning, with an emphasis on strong personal relationship between students and their faculty mentors.
Visitors attending classes are encouraged to introduce themselves to professors and ask questions.
Schedule a visit at least one week prior to your visit. Class visit requests are not guaranteed during exams, student-led presentations, field trips or other class plans.
What else can we do?
Admissions tours last about two and a half hours, but we recommend allowing some extra time to explore the Town of Elon as well as other campus activities and events. Here are some other things you can do while you’re visiting:
- Visit Schar Center.
- Sample the flavor of the week at Smitty’s Homemade Ice Cream.
- Eat gyro at Mediterranean Deli.
- Enjoy one of Elon’s nationally celebrated performing arts or music program. (Check the schedule at elon.edu/culturalcalendar.)
- Experience Rhodes Stadium.
- Search for the perfect Phoenix shirt at Barnes & Noble at Elon University.
- Explore the 1.25-mile tree trail that is part of the Elon University Botanical Garden. (Trees are identified with numbered plaques.)
- Take a photo at Fonville Fountain.
- Grab the best coffee in town at the Oak House.
- Connect with the Student Professional Development Center to learn about corporate partners internships.