Analytics in Action: Trends You Need to Know
April 5, 2018
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
SAS Executive Briefing Center
820 SAS Campus Drive, Cary, N.C. 27513
Master Business Practices
- Learn from presentations by analytics experts on topics such as the changing landscape of analytics, predictive analytics, and the future of analytics.
- Secure a cross-industry view of high-impact real-world analytics applications and learn how to apply them effectively.
- Leverage analytics best practices to optimize your business processes and make fact-based business decisions.
- Gain valuable insights that will help decision makers in your company better understand the value of analytics as a competitive driver.
Advance Your Career
- Improve your knowledge of the latest analytics trends.
- Enjoy networking opportunities that provide future directions and contacts that can help you and your business.
- Learn how to sell analytics to key decision makers and potential users.
- Conduct a follow-up presentation for your company on best practices and innovative strategies that will open pathways to new possibilities.
- Meet with Elon faculty and program administrators to learn about the accelerated M.S. in Management, Organizational Analytics program at Elon University.
|7:30 – 9:00||Check-in/Registration|
|7:30 – 8:00||Continental Breakfast|
|8:00 – 8:05||Welcome
Raghu Tadepalli, Dean, Love School of Business
|8:05 – 9:00||The Data Science Revolution in Industry
John Elder, Chair and Founder, Elder’s Research
|9:00 – 10:00||Charting Collections of Connections in Social Media: Creating Maps and Measures with NodeXL
Marc Smith, Founder, NodeXL
|10:00 – 11:00||From Statistics to Data Science Startup: Transformation Within a Large Research Organization
Gayle Bieler, Director, Center for Data Science, RTI International
|11:00 – 12:00||Analytics at GM
Tom Capotosto, Director, Advanced Analytics, General Motors
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch and Networking|
|1:00 – 1:45||Big Data and Big Analytics – Opportunities for Inter-disciplinary Innovation
Radhika Kulkarni, VP, Advanced Analytics R&D, SAS Institute Inc.
|1:45 – 2:45||Automating Machine Learning: A practical guide to AI adoption
Jeff Holoman, Director of Sales for the Southeast, DataRobot
|2:45 – 3:00||Networking Break|
|3:00 – 3:45||Transforming Your Business with AI
Scott Langfeldt, Founder and CEO, APEX Data Science
|3:45 – 4:00||Closing Remarks & Wrap-up
Haya Ajjan, Associate Professor, Elon University
Registration Fees After Feb. 1, 2018:
- General: $120 per person
- Elon student: $75 per person
- Elon faculty/staff: $75 per person
Fee includes conference materials, a continental breakfast and lunch.
Cancellations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received after 5 p.m. on March 22, 2018 will not be eligible for a refund.