Proposing a New GBL Course & Revising an Existing GBL Course
Program Proposal Deadlines
|Timing/Duration⇒||Fall Break travel-embedded and Winter Term||Spring Break travel-embedded and Summer|
|Study Abroad||Sept. 15 (13-17 months prior to departure)||Feb. 15 (13-17 months prior to departure)|
|Study USA||Nov. 15 (11-14 months prior to departure)||Apr. 15 (11-14 months prior to departure)|
- Prior to any submission of a GBL course, please contact Matt Buckmaster, Assistant Dean of Global Education, to arrange an initial meeting to discuss course design and submission procedures.
- Submit your proposal via the curriculum management system by the deadlines listed above. From the Curriculum Management Dashboard:
- Log in with your Elon user name (including @elon.edu) and password.
- Click “New Course Form” or “Revise Course Form,” depending on the type of proposal.
- For “Program/Department,” select “Program,” and “Global Education.”
- Complete the form, consulting with Matt Buckmaster as needed.
All proposals will be reviewed by the members of the Global Education Curriculum Committee (GECC). After approval from the GECC, the proposal will be forwarded to the University Curriculum Committee (UCC) for final review.
GBL Course Resources
Global Engagement Student Goals: Global Engagement Goals
Model GBL syllabus (4 s.h. Winter Term course): GBL267 France WT17
Model GBL syllabus (1 s.h. fall prerequisite preparatory seminar): GBL167 France WT17