Proposing a New GBL Course & Revising an Existing GBL Course
Program Proposal Deadlines
|Timing/Duration⇒||Winter short-term travel with fall prerequisite||Summer short-term travel with spring prerequisite|
|Study Abroad & Study USA||Sept. 15 (~15 months prior to departure)||Feb. 1 (~15-17 months prior to departure)|
- Prior to any submission of a GBL course, please contact Mark Kurt, assistant dean of global education, to arrange an initial meeting to discuss course design and submission procedures. Be sure to obtain a course proposal form for any new courses you wish to propose.
- Once you receive the course proposal form and have prepared a proposal for each course (including predeparture seminar courses), please submit your proposal via the curriculum management system by the deadlines listed above. From the Curriculum Management Dashboard:
- Log in with your Elon user name (including @elon.edu) and password.
- Click “New Course Form” or “Revise Course Form,” depending on the type of proposal.
- For “Program/Department,” select “Program,” and “Global Education.”
- Complete the form, consulting with Mark Kurt as needed.
All proposals will be reviewed by the members of the Global Education Curriculum Committee (GECC). After approval from the GECC, the proposal will be forwarded to the University Curriculum Committee (UCC) for final review.
Global Engagement Student Goals: Global Engagement Goals