Competencies and Standards
The following are competencies and standards of the Office of the University Registrar:
• Problem Solving: Demonstrates the ability to tackle and solve problem by using creative strategies.
• Results Oriented: Focuses on the desired results of the department by setting challenging annual goals, a focused effort on achieving goals, and documents proof of meeting or exceeding them in the Office of the University Registrar’s annual report.
• Technical Proficiency: Demonstrates knowledge and ability necessary to accomplish highly technical tasks.
• Fosters Innovation: Has the ability to develop and support the introduction of new and improved methods, procedures, technologies, or services.
• Continuous Process Improvement: Seeks ways to improve existing processes to improve proficiency and decease manual workload.
• Strategic Thinking: Can analyze the department’s competitive position nationally by comparing existing processes to those of Elon’s peer and aspirants and analyze departmental strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
• Fosters Teamwork: Has the ability and desire to work collaboratively with others on a team. As a team leader, can demonstrate interest, skill, and success in facilitating the groups in working together.
• Oral Communication: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
• Builds Collaborative Relationships: Demonstrates the ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the department while providing information, assistance, and support always.
• Professionalism: Behaves respectfully in all interactions.