If a student remains enrolled at the university and wishes to move out of their on-campus apartment space, they must complete a Lease Turnover. This means, you will turn over occupancy and rights to the apartment to another student. This most often happens at the end of the fall and winter semesters, but a lease turnover can happen at any time during the fall or spring semesters. Students who are leaving their apartment to study away, engage in internships, or move off campus during fall or spring must find a replacement and complete a lease turnover form. Students who are leaving the university due to transferring, withdrawing, or graduating are not required to do a lease turnover.

A lease turnover form is not a sublease process. When a lease turnover form is completed and submitted the student turning over the lease is relinquishing full control and any rights related to being a resident of that space as well as the ability to re-sign the lease for that space in the future through the housing selection process.

The lease turnover form requires signatures of the remaining roommates as an indication of knowledge of the new roommate. This form should then be turned into the Residence Life office.

If you have questions, please contact Residence Life at residencelife@elon.edu or 336-278-7300.

Lease Turnover Form