Time to Completion
Students in the accelerated dual-degree program follow the same undergraduate and graduate curricula as our traditional programs but proceed at an accelerated pace. Earning a bachelor’s degree with 132 undergraduate credit hours and a master’s degree with 30-33 graduate credit hours in just four years requires students to take a minimum of 36 credit hours per academic year, and may require some summer courses depending on the number of AP, IB and/or transferred credits.
Personalized, one-on-one advising from a dedicated 3+1 dual-degree program advisor is one of the hallmarks of this program and ensures that students stay on track for timely progress to graduation. Students accepted into the 3+1 business programs may also receive registration preference for certain courses in order to ensure they are able to register for the courses they need to stay on track.
Sample Course Plan
Accepted students must meet the following requirements in order to continue in the accelerated dual-degree program:
- Be prepared to take a full load (16-18 credit hours) each semester in order to remain on track with the program’s curricular requirements.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.2.
- Meet the continuation standards of the applicable M.S. program once beginning graduate work.
- Demonstrate commitment to and progress towards completion of the program.
- Represent the program professionally and abide by the Elon Honor Code.