2011-12 Accreditation Self-Study
Accreditation is a benchmark of program quality, and Elon is one of 18 private colleges and universities in the nation with an accredited communications school.
Both the undergraduate and graduate programs in the School of Communications were judged in compliance on all standards by a 2011-12 site team representing the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
The school’s extensive self-study is provided below, by section, followed by the site team’s report. The report refers to the growth in the school’s quality and quantity as “nothing short of spectacular,” citing talented faculty, enthusiastic students and an innovative leadership team as keys to building “a positive educational environment … with an exemplary culture of collegiality.” Read a news story that summarizes the site visit.
- Part I — General Information
- Part II — Circumstances and Scope of the Unit
- Standard 1 — Mission, Governance and Administration
- Standard 2 — Curriculum and Instruction
- Standard 3 — Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Standard 4 — Full-Time and Part-Time Faculty
- Standard 5 — Scholarship: Research, Creative and Professional Activity
- Standard 6 — Student Services
- Standard 7 — Resources, Facilities and Equipment
- Standard 8 — Professional and Public Service
- Standard 9 — Assessment of Learning Outcomes