- Cumulative GPA is at least a 2.0; and in good academic standing
- Sophomore status or higher and completion of COM 110, COM 210, & COM 220
- Work a minimum of 80 hours per enrolled credit hour (enroll in 1 or 2 credit hours) and a minimum of 4 weeks
- Internship duties demonstrate practical application of skills and education in the fields of communications
- Engage in a new experience (not previous employment)
- Supervisor has expertise in the discipline at an established organization and cannot be a family member or friend
- Work is completed at the internship site or virtually and the supervisor must provide the software, equipment and other facilities to perform required tasks. Interns cannot work in a private residence.
- ** On-campus internships are eligible for academic credit during Spring 2021 **
- Complete the COM 381 course concurrently with the internship. Elon University does not provide retroactive credit.
Watch the pre-recorded Internship Information Session prior to registering. This recording will discuss how to register your internship on the Elon Job Network, as well as review the COM 381 coursework. Please contact email@example.com with further questions.
- Once an internship offer is secured:
- Log into your account on the Elon Job Network
- Click “Internship Registration” and “Add New”
- Complete all required fields and submit the form
- You will receive a confirmation email once your internship has been approved by the Internship Director Amber Moser and your supervisor at your internship
- The internship director will process your OnTrack registration for the course and will add you to the Moodle page.
- The Bursar’s office will bill you if: (a) this is a summer course, (b) you exceed the maximum credit hours during the regular term (18 credits) or winter term (4 credits), or (c) you are a part-time student.
Need assistance searching for an internship?
If you would like help finding an internship, please make a virtual appointment with a career advisor or the Internship Director through the Elon Job Network.
Are you completing a virtual internship?
Read our “Best Practices in Remote Internships – Student Guide” document to learn important tips and tricks to help you stand out.