- Cumulative GPA is at least a 2.0; and in good academic standing
- Sophomore status or higher and completion of COM 110/1100, COM 210/2100, & COM 220/2200
- Work a minimum of 80 hours per enrolled credit hour (enroll in 1 or 2 credit hours) and a minimum of 4 weeks
- Internship duties demonstrate practical application of skills and education in the fields of communications across our disciplines (Cinema & Television Arts, Communication Design, Journalism, Media Analytics, Strategic Communications)
- Engage in a new experience (students cannot register the same internship for credit across multiple academic terms)
- Supervisor has expertise in the discipline at an established organization and cannot be a family member or friend
- Work is completed at the internship site or virtually and the supervisor must provide the software, equipment and other facilities to perform required tasks. Interns cannot work in a private residence.
- Complete the COM 3985 course concurrently with the internship. Elon University does not provide retroactive credit.
If you have questions about additional options for fall internships, click here.
Watch the pre-recorded Fall Internship Information Session prior to registering. This recording will discuss how to register your internship on the Elon Job Network, as well as review the COM 3985 coursework. Contact Amber Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions.
- Once an internship offer is secured:
- Log into your account on the Elon Job Network
- Click “Internship Registration” and “Add New”
- Complete all required fields and submit the form
- You will receive a confirmation email once your internship has been approved by the Internship Director Amber Moser and your supervisor at your internship
- The internship director will process your OnTrack registration for the course and will add you to the Moodle page.
- The Bursar’s office will bill you if: (a) this is a summer course, (b) you exceed the maximum credit hours during the regular term (18 credits) or winter term (4 credits), or (c) you are a part-time student.
Internship registration deadline
Tuesday, August 31, at 5 p.m.
Need assistance searching for an internship?
If you would like help finding an internship, please make a virtual appointment with a career advisor or the Internship Director through the Elon Job Network.
Are you completing a virtual internship?
Read our “Best Practices in Remote Internships – Student Guide” document to learn important tips and tricks to help you stand out.