2017-18 Accreditation Self-Study
Accreditation is a benchmark of program quality, and Elon is one of 18 private colleges and universities in the nation with an accredited communications school.
Both the undergraduate and graduate programs in the School of Communications were judged in compliance on all standards in October 2017 by a site team representing the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
Schools go through an accreditation review every six years. The school’s 2017-18 self-study is provided below, by section, followed by the site team’s report. Read a news story that summarizes the site visit.
- Part 1 – General Information
- Part 2 – Circumstances and Scope of the Unit
- Standard 1 – Mission, Governance and Administration
- Standard 2 – Curriculum and Instruction
- Standard 3 – Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Standard 4 – Full-time and Part-time Faculty
- Standard 5 – Scholarship: Research, Creative and Professional Activity
- Standard 6 – Student Services
- Standard 7 – Resources, Facilities and Equipment
- Standard 8 – Professional and Public Service
- Standard 9 – Assessment of Learning Outcomes
To see the school’s 2011-12 self-study and team report, click here.
Commission on Sport Management Accreditation
During the 2019-20 academic year, the Sport Management Department received candidacy status for accreditation from the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation. COSMA is a specialized accrediting body whose purpose is to promote and recognize excellence in sport management education worldwide in colleges and universities at the bachelors, master’s and doctoral levels.