Academic advising is a partnership between students and advisors with students being ultimately responsible for timely degree completion. Within this partnership, advisees are expected to:
- Read and understand the academic policies and procedures contained in official Elon University publications and on its official website
- Consult with their advisors when policies and procedures are unclear
- Consult with their advisors during registration periods for course scheduling and any program modification
- Inform their advisor of any academic difficulties, program or career changes
- Schedule advisor appointments in advance of registration and maintain scheduled appointments with their advisors
- Prepare for advisement sessions with any supporting documentation or materials which could assist the advisor
- Provide advisors with feedback and follow through on advisor recommendations as needed.