All About Transfer Admission
If you are enrolled in a middle or early college program, you should complete the application for first-year admission.
Transfer students are admitted based on their academic records at the institutions from which they are transferring. To graduate, you must complete 60 semester hours or more at Elon, including the last term before graduation. For priority consideration, transfer applications should be submitted by the dates noted below. Applications received after these dates will be processed on a space-available basis:
- Spring Semester - December 1
- Fall Semester - June 1
When evaluating transfer applications, the Admissions Committee considers the following criteria for entry into Elon:
- A minimum grade point average of 2.7 from a two-year or four-year regionally accredited institution
- At least one full-time semester of coursework completed, with a minimum of 12 credits that will transfer into Elon
- A record of consistent success in all courses
- A completed Student Conduct Form from all institutions you have attended to verify you are in good social and academic standing, and that you are eligible to return. To download the form, visit the Apply Now page.
- A signed and complete Elon University Application for Transfer Admission. You may also apply online. Send it with a U.S. $60 application fee to the Admissions Office.
- Official transcripts from all two-year and four-year colleges attended.
- A final official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores to Elon. The SAT/ACT may be waived for some advanced students or nontraditional students who did not take the test in high school. Students seeking admission to teacher education must meet specific and separate admission requirements. Because teacher education requirements are governed by the state of NC, admission as a transfer student does not guarantee admission to the Teacher Education program.
Transfer Student Campus Visit
In addition to our regular campus tours for prospective students, we also offer a separate campus visit experience for transfer students and their families. Register for one of our transfer campus visit sessions below.