The Communications Living Learning Community located in Sloan Hall connects students who are considering a career in communications. The community is open to students intending to major or minor in communications or who want to live with students engaged in designing, writing, and producing media. Students connect with faculty on a more personal level, learn from others on the floor who share common academic and extracurricular interests, participate in field trips to media organizations, and host speakers on communication-related topics. Sloan is convenient to McEwen & Schar Halls, home to most communications classrooms, student media organizations, and editing suites. Students enjoy their proximity to Turner Theatre where they can catch a movie on the weekends, and love the convenience to the Town of Elon’s shops, cafés, and restaurants.
- Speakers to talk about various topics in communications and what skills you need to pursue these career paths. Potential speakers include faculty, student media leaders, internship and career counselors, researchers, and other given your particular interests.
- Exposure to the field of communications and its major areas of study.
- Involvement in planning of events for the floor
- Involvement in the communication student organizations
Who will live in the Communications Living Learning Community?
Students may either intend to major or wish to explore opportunities in one of the five majors of the Department of Communications:
- Cinema and Television Arts
- Communication Design
- Media Analytics
- Strategic Communications
What is the facility like?
The Communications LLC is located in the recently renovated Sloan Hall, next to the McEwen and Schar Communications Buildings in the Historic Neighborhood.
Want to Apply?
Visit this page for more information.
Contact the Communications LLC Advisor: Staci Saltz