Non-degree seeking students are students typically taking 11 or fewer credit hours per semester, or desiring to audit a course for no credit. Non-degree seeking applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis prior to the start of the next term. Common populations considered for non-degree seeking admission are Elon faculty and staff, visiting students from other universities, and members of the community interested in taking a course at Elon.
For information regarding costs and payment, please visit the Bursar’s Office website.
Elon Employees, Alumni, Spouses and Partners
- A complete Elon University Non-Degree Application
Dependents of Elon employees and visiting students
(including those seeking admission to Elon Study USA Programs)
- A complete Elon University Non-Degree Application with a US $25 application fee*
- Official transcripts from all two-year and four-year college attended
- A completed Student Conduct Form from all colleges or universities attended to verify you are in good social and academic standing, and that you are eligible to return
*The US $25 application fee will be waived for dependents of Elon employees
(Bennett College, Greensboro College, Guilford College, High Point University, Greensboro Technical Community College, or North Carolina Agriculture & Technology)
- A complete Elon University Non-Degree Application with a US $25 application fee
Please contact James Thurnes, Director of Transfer and Special Admissions, with any questions. You may reach the counselor at (336) 278-3566 or via email.
Elon Employees, Alumni, Spouses, Partners, Dependents and Visiting Students
Upon acceptance, contact Academic Support and Advising to register for your course(s).
Study USA Applicants
Upon acceptance, contact the Isabella Cannon Global Education Center to complete additional requirements.
Upon acceptance, present a copy of your current class schedule, unofficial transcript and approval from your current institution to the Office of the Registrar.