Is the Creative Arts LLC for You?
Are you interested in art, writing, music, or filmmaking? Been involved in theatre as an actor, scenic designer, costumer, or director? Have you written screenplays, or simply love going to the movie theater? Would you identify as an “orch dork”, a “gleek”, or a band kid? Or do you just love listening to music, creating playlists, or sound engineering?
What if you could live and hang out with other people who were into those things, too?
We’re looking for open-minded, creatively engaged, and culturally aware people to live and play together. Students must show an interest in the liberal arts either by majoring in an artistic field or the humanities (art, English, film, music, theatre, philosophy, poli sci, history, etc.) or by simply enjoying and getting involved in the arts.
Join the Creative Arts Living Learning Community, home of Elon’s arts culture. This living-learning community is designed to generate an atmosphere for students to express and explore the liberal arts, creativity, and artistic interests or skills.
- Going to film festivals like Flickerfest
- Coordinating campus reading series
- Attending readings on and off-campus
- Helping to educate other progressive thinkers, artists & writers about your areas of expertise
- Taking gallery and museum tours
- Attending music shows, art shows, speakers/lectures, plays, etc. on campus as well as in Chapel Hill, Greensboro, or Raleigh/Durham.
- Traveling to DC, Raleigh, or Charlotte for marches
- Working collaboratively across arts/genres with students & faculty
- Creating works of art
- Designing your own floor shirt
- Participating in coffee houses
Students must show an interest in the arts or writing, either by majoring in an artistic field, such as art, creative writing, film, music, theatre, or by enjoying and getting involved in the arts.
Global Neighborhood, Building E, 2nd floor
How do I apply?
Visit this page for more information.
Contact the Creative Arts LLC Advisors: Alison Van Norman & Ally Wente