The Colonnades neighborhood, named for the Elon literary magazine first published in 1937, is the place where students from all class years, first-year through senior, "create connected communities" in five buildings that surround the geothermal field adjacent to the Koury Business Center.
In the coming years, the mix of programs and experiences will increasingly support the commitment of Elon University and Colonnades residents to sustainability.
430 students live in five buildings: Story, Moffitt, Kivette, Staley, and Harper. View a 360 degree view of the Colonnades neighborhood.
Living Learning Communities and Theme Housing
Classrooms located in the neighborhood
Linked sections of COR 110: The Global Experience for first-year students in the neighborhood
- Alan Russell, the Faculty Director, lives in the neighborhood and supports the intellectual life of the neighborhood.
• Elon Experiences events with Study Abroad and Service Learning
• Holiday events and "Colonnades Carnival" outdoor event each May
• Students living with students of all class years
• Partnering with SUB for movie night on the Quad
Spacious double rooms sharing bathrooms for first year students
Sophomore pod suites with two single rooms, a bathroom and a small living room
Stand-alone singles for juniors and seniors with stackable washers and dryers and private bathrooms
All buildings are mixed gender
Rooms include closets, sinks, and moveable furniture
Buildings include computer labs, lounges, and suite-style baths
Colonnades is the only neighborhood with an enclosed quad – perfect for outdoor activities in the warmer months
Colonnades Sustainable Living Guide