Opened in the fall of 2013, the Global Neighborhood has been the site of several pilot initiatives for the Residential Campus at Elon. The neighborhood has become a premiere global education residential complex, serving as a destination for all members of the Elon community. The Global Commons building includes a Great Hall with lounge and study spaces, and the neighborhood is home to the Global Education Center, faculty offices for the Core Curriculum, and the Office of Residence Life.
600 students, mostly first-year students and sophomores, will live in five buildings named for rivers around the world.
• Strong house identity, named for rivers on five continents: Orinoco, Thames, Tigris, Yukon, and Zambezi
• Monthly house dinners with conversations between students and faculty
• International film series
• Academic affiliations – monthly meet and greet events with faculty, staff, and students
• Social events planned by resident assistants and mentors
• Ongoing service relationship with a refugee family in Greensboro
This 360 image is Google Cardboard compatible on both Android and IOS.
On IOS devices, you may need to press the fullscreen option or cardboard option for the image to respond.