Commencement for the Class of 2020
Elon University School of Law conferred 122 degrees during an online celebration of the Class of 2020 on December 12, 2020, which featured an address by Chief Judge Roger L. Gregory of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. The ceremony was streamed with an online Commencement program that includes a searchable list of graduates here.
The full ceremony is viewable below in its entirety. Elon Law’s official Commencement begins at the 15:15 mark and is preceded by a photo slideshow of images submitted by graduates.
Photography during Commencement
Professional photographers typically capture images of each graduate during the hooding and awarding of degrees of in-person ceremonies. Photo proofs are available online through GradImages a few days after the ceremony. Visit their website.
Prior Commencement speakers at Elon Law
- 2009 – David Gergen, advisor to four U.S. presidents, director of the Center for Public Leadership at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, and chair of the Elon University Law School Advisory Board
- 2010 – United States Senator Kay Hagan
- 2011 – United States Senator Richard Burr
- 2012 – The Honorable James A. Wynn, Jr., Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- 2013 – The Honorable Catherine Eagles, Judge for the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- 2014 – Thomas W. Ross. Sr., President, The University of North Carolina
- 2015 – North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper
- 2016 – The Honorable Albert Diaz, Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- May 2017 – Robert Grey Jr., retired senior counsel at Hunton & Williams, former president of the American Bar Association
- December 2017 – The Honorable Mark D. Martin, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina
- 2018 – North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein
- 2019 – The Honorable Cheri Beasley, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina
- 2020 – The Honorable Roger L. Gregory, Chief Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit