Commencement for the Class of 2019
Elon University School of Law conferred 107 degrees in a Commencement ceremony on Saturday, December 14, at 11 a.m. inside Alumni Gym on Elon University’s main campus.
Chief Justice Cheri Beasley of the Supreme Court of North Carolina delivered the Commencement address.
Photography during Commencement
Professional photographers will capture images of each graduate during the hooding and awarding of degrees. Photo proofs will be available online through GradImages a few days after the ceremony. Visit their website.
Prior Commencement speakers at Elon Law
- 2009 – David Gergen, advisor to four U.S. presidents, director of the Center for Public Leadership at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, and chair of the Elon University Law School Advisory Board
- 2010 – United States Senator Kay Hagan
- 2011 – United States Senator Richard Burr
- 2012 – The Honorable James A. Wynn, Jr., Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- 2013 – The Honorable Catherine Eagles, Judge for the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- 2014 – Thomas W. Ross. Sr., President, The University of North Carolina
- 2015 – North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper
- 2016 – The Honorable Albert Diaz, Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- May 2017 – Robert Grey Jr., retired senior counsel at Hunton & Williams, former president of the American Bar Association
- December 2017 – The Honorable Mark D. Martin, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina
- 2018 – North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein
- 2019 – The Honorable Cheri Beasley, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina