Commencement for the Class of 2022
Commencement for Elon Law’s Class of 2022 will take place on Friday, December 9, at 10 a.m. inside Alumni Gym on Elon University’s main campus. Attorney Patti Ramseur, president-elect of the North Carolina Bar Association, will deliver the Commencement address for the 127 law students whose Juris Doctors will be conferred at the ceremony.
Additional information about the program such as parking locations, ordering flowers, and livestream links can be found here.
Photography during Commencement
Professional photographers capture images of each graduate during the hooding and awarding of degrees of in-person ceremonies. Photo proofs are available online through GradImages a few days after the ceremony. Visit their website.
Donning of the Kente and Lavender Graduation
Two ceremonies to honor the heritage and identities of Elon Law and School of Health Sciences graduates are scheduled for Thursday, December 8, in Lakeside Dining Hall on Elon University’s main campus.
Donning of the Kente
A Dean’s Reception for all graduating law students and their families begins at 5:30 p.m. at Elon University School of Law in downtown Greensboro.
Elon Law Merchandise Orders
Elon Law has partnered with MerchLink to provide members of the Elon Law community with the opportunity to purchase Elon Law-branded apparel and accessories. Visit MerchLink’s online store to order at any time – there is no deadline to order.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for production & shipment
- Due to the customized nature of Merch Shop products, these items are not eligible for return or exchange. All sales are final.
Prior Commencement speakers at Elon Law
- 2009 – David Gergen, advisor to four U.S. presidents, director of the Center for Public Leadership at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, and chair of the Elon University Law School Advisory Board
- 2010 – United States Senator Kay Hagan
- 2011 – United States Senator Richard Burr
- 2012 – The Honorable James A. Wynn, Jr., Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- 2013 – The Honorable Catherine Eagles, Judge for the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- 2014 – Thomas W. Ross. Sr., President, The University of North Carolina
- 2015 – North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper
- 2016 – The Honorable Albert Diaz, Judge for the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- May 2017 – Robert Grey Jr., retired senior counsel at Hunton & Williams, former president of the American Bar Association
- December 2017 – The Honorable Mark D. Martin, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina
- 2018 – North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein
- 2019 – The Honorable Cheri Beasley, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of North Carolina
- 2020 – The Honorable Roger L. Gregory, Chief Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- 2021 – Deborah Enix-Ross, President-elect of the American Bar Association