The Elon Law Alumni Association was founded in 2009 upon the graduation of the charter class. The council is the organizing and governing body of alumni activities.
The purpose of the Elon Law Alumni Council:
- To act as a link between the Law School and Elon Law Alumni Association;
- To stimulate among the Association continuing interest in the Law School and alumni programming;
- To assist and encourage the Law School in the recruitment, retention and placements of its students;
- To provide support, as deemed necessary by the Council, to new alumni with the preparation for and taking of state Bar exams;
- To promote participation by the Association to support the funding priorities of the Law
School through annual contributions;
- To furnish an avenue through which the Association may be kept informed as to the
operation and progress of the Law School and through which the Association may
provide service and advice to the Law School Administration;
- To carry out, facilitate, and promote the purposes of the Association; and
- To initiate, recommend and support policies and activities that will further the interests of the Law School, its student body and the general legal community.
All Alumni Council Members are requested to:
- Make an annual contribution to the Elon University School of Law;
- Serve on one standing committee and participate in the work of the committee at
biannual meetings and on an as needed basis;
- Attend at least one out of two meetings per year (Spring and Fall Meetings); and
- Attend Alumni Reunion Weekend.
Members of the Alumni Council* receive:
- Continued opportunities to impact the Law School and new opportunities to create traditions for Elon Law alumni.
- Invitations to Alumni networking events.
- Access to the growing Elon Law Alumni networking database.
Interested in Joining?
Email the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
*Membership on the Alumni Council is restricted to graduates of Elon Law. Council selections are made during fall and spring meetings.