Elon University Mission Statement
Elon University embraces its founders’ vision of an academic community that transforms mind, body, and spirit and encourages freedom of thought and liberty of conscience. To fulfill this vision, Elon University acts upon these commitments:
- We nurture a rich intellectual community characterized by active student engagement with a faculty dedicated to excellent teaching and scholarly accomplishment.
- We provide a dynamic and challenging undergraduate curriculum grounded in the traditional liberal arts and sciences and complemented by distinctive professional and graduate programs.
- We integrate learning across the disciplines and put knowledge into practice, thus preparing students to be global citizens and informed leaders motivated by concern for the common good.
- We foster respect for human differences, passion for a life of learning, personal integrity, and an ethic of work and service.
Elon University Honor Code
All students at Elon University pledge to abide by the Honor Code, which recognizes honesty, integrity, respect and responsibility as critical elements in upholding the values of the academic community.
Boldly Elon Strategic Plan Themes
The university’s ten-year plan for 2030
- Learn: We will make bold innovations in relationship-driven learning and mentoring; launch a distinctive school of engineering, add nursing programs and advance students’ data competency.
- Thrive: We will build a healthier and more diverse, equitable and inclusive community, where all students faculty and staff experience belonging and well-being.
- Connect: We will develop lifelong alumni personal and professional learning and networks; will partner with our local communities to enhance education, health and economic development; and will win athletics conference championships and lead our conference in academic performance.
- Rise: We will position the university globally, expanding our admissions footprint, raising resources to support increased access and financial aid, and sharply defining international reputation and value.
Plan and Priorities Information
- Division Departments and Programs
- Overview and Structure of Plan
- Themes and Action Plan for 2020-2025